Wednesday 19 June 2024

JRPGs That Surpassed My Expectations

 


This video series has been doing well since the beginning. Episode 5 just came out and you can watch it right here (above) or on YouTube. 

The point of the series is to cover JRPGs that I didn't think would be so damn good. I highlight my stories with them, how I got a hold of them, what I expected of them, and how they surpassed my expectations. So I'm not really reviewing these games at all, or explaining them to you. I'm just sharing my experience with them. 

There are a lot of JRPGs that surpassed my expectations but let's not confuse them with the ones that MET my expectations. Like, say, Eiyuden Chronicle for example. I was hoping it would surpass them but the initial glitches and the politicized translation kinda ruined that. However, I still knew the game would be great somehow and, well, it was. So it's an example of a game that I was expecting to be great and it met those expectations, it just didn't "surpass" them. 

So yeah, in case you've watched through all 5 episodes and wondered "why didn't he include this game?", that might be a reason. Or it could be that I merely haven't included it. I haven't told my story about it. 

Maybe one day there will be an episode 6...