Tuesday 2 July 2024

Third Time Wasn't The Charm...

 I'm sad to announce that the 10 Things You Didn't Know About video-series is officially dead. The views are incredibly and absurdly down and, as a result, I no longer have any motivation whatsoever to continue. 

I first cancelled this series in 2021 after making an analysis on several episodes that were deemed as a failure (Star Ocean 2, SMT Nocturne, Trails of Cold Steel 1&2) Sure, if you check some of those right now, they may be doing alright, but that's because they've been out there for years. 

The second time I cancelled the series was in 2022. I revived it after a year or so, 3 episodes were released: Radiant Historia, Tales of Berseria and Wild Arms. Sure, the last two are doing alright nowadays but, again, that's because they've been out there for over 2 years. 

So now that the last three episodes of this year (2024) were MASSIVE failures, like the worst 3 ever in terms of views, I am forced to shut the show down for good.

I know some of you are big fans of this series but there's absolutely no reason for me to continue making it. As you already know, YouTube put a final shadow ban in my channel after the Eiyuden Chronicle Localization video (it pissed the shit out of them badly) and my views/subscribers/revenue started tanking considerably after that. Because of this, they aren't recommending any of my videos and aren't notifying a lot of my subscribers when I upload them. So of course a video-series that died 2 years ago was gonna get the worst treatment, as viewer interests have shifted to something else entirely.

It saddens me to see the huge lack of interest in the series. People are way too obsessed with new games, modern JRPGs, dramas, news and political warfare, that they have abandoned any love for retro, history and development. But the worst of it all is that barely anyone looks at me when it comes to those topics. Most viewers aren't interested in me covering the background, history and development of retro JRPGs. Not anymore.

If the episodes had gathered at least 10k-12k views each, like the FFIX episode did, I wouldn't be here writing this post. I would continue making them just for the fans. But the Valkyria Chronicles and Tales of Xillia did horribly, and have killed my desire to continue. 

Sorry for this, but I'm sure at this point you'll understand why I have to shut this one down for good. Probably forever.