Friday 12 July 2024

The Versus Episodes

 



Check out the latest versus episode: Grandia vs Wild Arms (first game on each series only).

I've been having a blast making these episodes live every Q&A for the past several weeks. I know a lot of you even look forward to them every time, so I'm happy for that.

So far we've done 6 episodes, 5 of which have been edited and uploaded as videos on my main channel. The sixth episode we did (Octopath Traveler vs Ys VIII) is coming soon...

No, this isn't the direction the channel is going to. It was never intended. Keep reading...

As I've stated before in previous livestreams, this episodic series will definitely continue. We will still do one episode in every Sunday Q&A. As for editing them and uploading them as videos on my main channel, well, I haven't decided if I'll continue with that. I probably will. The episodes are barely getting any views and failing miserably, but I also understand they aren't the type of content most viewers want to watch. That's alright, I never expected the episodes to make it past 5k views each, and I never made them to replace regular content or regular videos on my channel. This is just some extra content like the live let's plays I do every now and then. So yeah, I'm not sure if I'll keep turning them into videos, but if I do, you'll notice. The point is that the episodes will continue at least live every goddamned Sunday!

For those who don't know what the hell these are: I'll leave every episode below so be sure to check them out. Basically, I pick 2 JRPGs that I think would be a good match and start a poll during the Q&A livestream. Fans get to vote for their favorite game for a limited amount of time, but they can also write down their arguments in the chat. I read every argument and it makes it to the edited version of the video. At the end, I close the poll, mention the winner, then I pick my own personal winner and explain my reasons why, breaking down every category: gameplay, music, graphics, combat, characters, etc... 

ALL the episodes in order HERE:

Tales of Arise vs Star Ocean 6: https://youtu.be/25waVm5xqMg

Xenoblade Chronicles vs Nier Automata: https://youtu.be/JWK1lzJeuYc

Suikoden II vs The Legend of Dragoon: https://youtu.be/wsVFD-icSHw

Dragon Quest VIII vs Final Fantasy XII: https://youtu.be/YMYbD5g4uSA

Grandia vs Wild Arms: https://youtu.be/AauPUJy1_lk


So far, my favorite episode has been Suikoden 2 vs The Legend of Dragoon for obvious reasons. Anyway, enjoy the videos. Thanks!